Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Beginning

A big week for me. I bought my first alpaca and lost my older dog, a faithful companion for almost 15 years. Smudge and I had been through a lot together, and he was always at my side, or sleeping just inside the door so he couldn't miss my return. I keep watching out that I don't trip over him - it will be hard to get used to him being gone.

The alpaca enterprise has been ruminating (pun intended) for a couple of years, and was fired up again when I ran into Barbie Tilton of Someday Farm (Canterbury NH) at the NH Sheep and Wool Festival. With her tutelage, I'll be bringing home my first little guys as soon as I get the fence installed!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Your boy is so handsome! I was so excited when I bought my first girl. I'm getting another this weekend. There's nothing like spinning the fiber from your own animals.

    ReplyDelete