Saturday, May 23, 2009

Three's Company

I went with Barbie Tilton last Sunday to deliver four young alpacas to Jeff Bishop's Equinox Farm. They all rode quietly in the back of Barbie's van over the back roads to Hopkinton. I was planning to purchase one of two fiber boys Jeff has, Angelus and Millionaire. Angelus is listed as light fawn, and Millionaire is a beautiful white boy with an incredible coat. No surprise, I couldn't chose, and so now they are both mine. Mr T was one of the boys we took over to Hopkinton, and he and the two older guys were mingling well by the time we left.

Barbie has several pregnant girls, and had a new baby that had just been born on Friday. The little one was having trouble getting the knack of suckling, and Barbie was pretty tired from bottle feedings through the nights since. However when we got back to Someday Farm, Dean told us the baby had figured it out while we were gone, and we watched her nurse and then frolic outside with the other Mama Alpacas.

Today I staked out where my fence posts will be, and assessed what needs to be done in my ground level barn area where the three boys will be sheltered. I need to drag some junk out of there, rake out the dirt floor, and construct their pen. I need some electricity and ceiling lights, and a water source for when it gets too cold for the outdoor hose. Looks like I'll be making some phone calls this week!

1 comment:

  1. That's so awesome!!! Watch out for random spinners (myself included) stalking you for fleece!

    ReplyDelete